Thursday, September 29, 2011

Judging: Seeing people for who they really are.

First off, today was such a beautiful day! It was rainy at first, but when I left for school it was bright and sunny out. Now, it's raining out again but the sun is setting and the clouds are a pastel orange and the blue sky is peeking out. I love that weather.

Anyways, I have been thinking about judging lately. We all do it, even if you don't mean it. I'm trying to break the habit of judging people for what they look like or act, and I'm trying to see them for who they really are. Personally, I think that it's one of the hardest habits to break. We're so used to judging people, that we don't even notice we're judging them!

Right when I start to judge a person I pray to God saying, "Please help me resist the urge to judge -insert name here- and show me how you see them in your eyes." and I stop judging them and I try to see them for who they are.

-Ashley

http://youtu.be/P5AkNqLuVgY

No comments: