Monday, September 26, 2011

Anger/Swearing

So, today everything was great.

Every Monday my aquatics class has 15 minutes to swim as many laps as you can. Last week I did about 14, today I did 18. I was proud of myself.

Until I went to Choir today. I forgot my music ONCE and he flat out says, "You're getting a zero for the day" in FRONT of the class. I was so angry, I started swearing and I was about to drop that class that moment.

I try not to swear anymore. I kept praying and praying until I saw a Facebook status from someone I went to Church with. He said, "I'm done swearing, if I can't use better words, then I need to expand my vocabulary."

I need to cut curse words out of my vocabulary. It dosen't make me cooler, or more attractive, so why do I use those words?



I have been trying to use a Bible verse to calm myself down.

Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.
-James 1:19

It's such an awesome verse.

If I remembered this verse today, this is what I would of done.

1. Let my choir director give me a zero: I deserve it becuase I didn't bring my music. It's only fair.

2. Don't get cocky: Right after I started trash talking him and the choir. I shouldn't of done that because I probrobly hurt the feelings of him and people in Choir who heard.

3. Don't let the anger get the best of me: Which did happen to me, I didn't even feel like myself today.

I need to remember this verse when I get angry instead of turning into the Hulk.


-Ashley
http://youtu.be/tI1LgfkF8J8

No comments: